Founder, Attorney Marketing Institute
About the instructor
Attorney Marketing Institute, or AMI, was founded by Nick Pavlidis, an attorney who spent nearly ten years as a commercial and bankruptcy litigator in the New York City office of a large law firm, when he moved his family back to his home state to serve as the number two in-house attorney for a group of international manufacturing companies, a job he secured through networking efforts.
Nick's experience and training is uniquely tailored to coach and train lawyers on how to get started early and build a healthy business development practice while maintaining the highest standards for their practice and healthy personal habits, both of which are critical to your long-term success.
Some of Nick's business development successes, which he achieved while consistently reaching or exceeding practice expectations, include:
- bringing in several new engagements ranging from a few thousand dollars to six-figure matters
- expanding business from existing firm clients
- connecting partners and other associates with business development opportunities
- securing multiple speaking engagements, both domestically and abroad
- hosting multiple in-house counsel networking events, with no out-of-pocket costs
- securing multiple online and print writing opportunities
- building a strong network for direct and referral business
- coaching other associates through specific marketing initiatives and designing their business development habits
- serving on the Firm-Wide Associates' Committee for many years, including as Chair, New York Office Representative, and Firm-Wide Member at Large.
In addition to his substantive experience and innovative marketing techniques that helped Nick secure clients, speaking engagements and writing opportunities over more experienced attorneys, Nick has also studied and practiced the skills necessary to effectively coach other attorneys to design and implement their business development practice in their comfort zone. For example, what follows is a partial list of the relevant people and/or topics from whom Nick has learned and/or trained:
- Boston Boston College Law School (JD 2004)
- Coaching With Excellence (Dan Miller)
- Public Speaking (Lane Bowes; Speak-it-Forward Live)
- Attorney and General Online and Offline Networking and Marketing (Personal Business Development Coaching (for multiple years); NetworkNetwork Member (multiple years); Intentional Mentorship/Apprenticeships (shadowing, working with, or otherwise helping several partners with their business development projects), Leader/Admin for several online networking groups.
- Wharton School of Business Certifications in Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content
- Facebook Certifications in Facebook Marketing and Facebook Pages
- eMarketing Institute Certifications in Online Marketing Fundamentals, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and Search Engine Marketing
- Other Writing, Creative, Publishing, and Marketing (Write-it-Forward Bootcamp; The Self-Publishing System; Self-Publishing Success Summit; Write to the Bank; Learn Scrivener Fast; and more)
- Writing, Legal (Brian Garner)